+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cornwall, United Kingdom
    Rep Power
    9
    Reputation
    5
    Posts
    31

    Default Chrome... The connection was interrupted error constantly.

    Hello, I have been having this problem with many websites suddenly for 2-3 days now. Keep getting the error message "The connection was interrupted" in google chrome. It will keep happening every few minutes whilst browsing and will eventually let me access a page after several attempts. Then do the same thing again shortly. Sometimes it will partially load a page (text only and all on the left hand side) with all pictures missing. However the google page will work fine even when it's refusing to load other sites. It is not my connection as the laptop and my tablet are not having the same issue. I have all java / flash installed etc.

    Here is what i have tried so far:

    1. Use another browser (IE) same problem occurs.
    2. Cleared all history an uninstalled then reinstalled chrome = No change.
    3. Checked my PC wifi.. stable and fine.
    4. Spoke to my ISP an ran all checks etc = No problems.
    5. Scanned for viruses = No threats found using Avast.

    It seems the problem is my PC side but no idea where or why. Any ideas? Please don't tell me i have a virus / Malware hiding somewhere

  2. #2
    Ebuyer Addict

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Age
    21
    Rep Power
    78
    Reputation
    3053
    Posts
    1,703

    Default

    Have you tried using any other browsers and do you get the same error if you use them?
    PC - i5 2500k @ 4Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz RipjawsX Memory | Kingston 120GB SSD + 1TB HD Samsung F3 | ATI Radeon 6950 2GB GDDR5 | 3x LG 22" LED 1080p | Windows 7
    Macbook - Core 2 Duo @ 2.4Ghz | 4GB DDR3 @ 1066Mhz | 500GB HD | 9400M | Mac OS X Lion

  3. #3
    Ebuyer Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Rep Power
    34
    Reputation
    1305
    Posts
    611

    Default

    Is your ISP Virginmedia? If so don't listen to them, they wouldn't know a problem if it came slapped them in the face and stole their money.

    VM have a infamous look on faults, if they can't fix it set a repair date and keep pushing it back until the customer just gets bored and forgets about it.

  4. #4
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suffolk
    Rep Power
    113
    Reputation
    4459
    Posts
    5,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DABhand View Post
    Is your ISP Virginmedia? If so don't listen to them, they wouldn't know a problem if it came slapped them in the face and stole their money.

    VM have a infamous look on faults, if they can't fix it set a repair date and keep pushing it back until the customer just gets bored and forgets about it.
    That may be true but doesn't really help the OP as it sounds like his ISP are right in this case - other computers/devices on the same network aren't affected.

    OP: if possible can you plug your PC into the router with a cable and disable the wireless? That would just rule one thing out and help narrow it down. If it does the same connected with a cable then I think you can be pretty confident it's a software problem and not a hardware/driver problem.

  5. #5
    Ebuyer Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Rep Power
    34
    Reputation
    1305
    Posts
    611

    Default

    You are right, I didn't see the end where it said the laptop etc was fine.

    @OP

    Goto the start menu and type in regedit into the search box (if on vista or 7) or the run box on XP.

    In this window, navigate to the following

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>Windows>Curr ent Version>Run (on a 32bit OS)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>WOW6432Node> Windows>Current Version>Run (on a 64bit OS)

    Check to see if anything out of place is there, you know things trying to run files like fhfjkhsfsf.exe etc at startup. If it does, the best thing is to, restart your PC and press F8 before booting into windows select safe mode from the list (not the other safe modes from the list), and then when in safe mode, you can go back into regedit and delete the offending entries, and then noting down the file/s locations go to the folder and remove them.

    Then reboot. Hopefully you will be ok then, but that is a 75% chance of doing so, the other 25% will have infected system files so to reinfect the machine even if you try to clean it. But it is worth a try.

    IF not that,

    In Chrome in the url bar, type Chrome://plugins

    Look for any silly looking entries there and disable them.

  6. #6
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Telford, Shropshire
    Age
    27
    Rep Power
    282
    Reputation
    13116
    Posts
    4,304

    Default

    This happened to me today.

    I ran cmd and did ipconfig /renew as well as ipconfig /flushdns.

    Everything fine after this. I imagine the flushdns is what cured it though.

    Hope this helps,

    Hydey

  7. #7
    Ebuyer Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    England?
    Rep Power
    26
    Reputation
    937
    Posts
    642

    Default

    Try clearing the history of Chrome and/or IE, all history. For Chrome it's fairly obvious from the menu in the top-left. For IE it's fairly obvious in the Internet Options dialog.

    Also, if you're using your PC wirelessly, try using it via wired connection to see if the problem still occurs.

    You might also try entering this in the command prompt. Note that you will need to right-click the command prompt and select "Run as administrator":
    Code:
    netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled
    What this command does is disable the automatic speed tuning. Sod knows why it exists or why it's enabled but there are no notable ill-effects from disabling it. With it enabled it can screw over network connection speed.

    As Hydey suggested (also from the command prompt), you could also try:
    Code:
    ipconfig /release && ipconfig /flushdns && ipconfig /renew
    This flushes the local DNS cache (domain name resolution) and ensures you have a fresh IP assigned by your router. The renewal of IP is also done when you reboot/startup your PC.

    See what makes a difference, if at all.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.8
Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Copyright Ebuyer UK LTD 2013
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:58 PM.
vBulletin 4.0 skin by CompleteVB