+ Reply to Thread

Default LG TV/Monitor seems to be broken. White screen of death? LG Flatron M227WDP

LG Flatron M227WDP is the monitor i have.

Came to it last night after the PC had gone into sleep mode. Hit a key on the keyboard to spark it into life & then the monitor instead of showing my log in screen, showed a total white screen with a grey box moving along the top which says "3.08.0" in it & that's all it does - just keeps moving along the screen.

No buttons on the monitor seem to do ANYTHING, the same with any buttons on the remote.

I switched the power off & went to bed thinking it may work this morning ... but no.

I've unplugged it & swapped it with the LG TV we use for Sky+, so now Sky+ is hooked into it & it's still showing the white screen, no buttons work.

The TV i've put in its place for using as a monitor now is an LG Flatron M2262D which i've had for a few month longer & it works fine.

I've had the problem monitor since late August (bought from eBuyer) & it's been fine all this time, so what did i do ------- threw the packing box out this week. Sods law.

Any idea on cause/fix?

Will i be knackered as far as returning it to eBuyer (IF i have to) goes as i've thrown the box now (but have everything else - cables, papers etc)

Luckily i don't have to take it back to eBuyer...

press exit on the remote
    turn off on the remote
    turn back on on the remote
    select correct input

works again.

No idea why it went funny

Luke Jackson

Wow cheers, the exact same thing happened to me not an hour ago. Came in from work turn on my screen and there it was =D. White screen with grey box moving across the top. Thanks so much for posting this, it worked on my screen also.

Ty so much!!!

Thumbs up risolto

Anche sul mio monitor si vedeva praticamente tutto lo schermo in bianco con una scritta "Ver..." che fluttuava sul video.
    Grazie ora tutto OK!