+ Reply to Thread
    Ebuyer Enthusiast

Default Titan the Robot...Real? or Fake?

For any of you who know or don't know who titan the robot is.

Heres a picture.

I saw him last year at Vfest on stage with basement jaxx, my mind wanted to believe he was real but the gestures and movements seemed to human for it. (still to be proved wrong or right)

But what i want to know is what do you all think? i have to admit, i'd love to have the suit

The wiki page says it's controlled by a professional dancer, and the screen on it's chest is for the person inside to see, also the arms are controlled from inside the main suit.

Heres the video footage of it in action

http://www.youtube.com/user/flaperise#p/f/4/4hc_n77j2T4

http://www.youtube.com/user/flaperise#p/f/1/zu6Wxp9fs5U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74gYe...eature=related

I'd love to think it's real but i dunno

Buckinghamshire's Best

I reckon it's fake lol because it's more advanced than that one made by Honda, Asmos or something?

I hear thats the most advanced robot today soo...
    CPU: Intel Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz RAM: Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800MHz 4GB HDD: Western Digital Caviar KS 250GB GFX: XFX NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT 512MB Alpha Dog Edition XXX Mobo: Asus P5N-E SLI 650i Socket 775 OS: Win7 Pro 64-bit Case: Antec 900 Black Gaming Case

The "Internet" Dude

Its a human ... it will be at the royal welsh show this year, a girl called Lizzie is meant to be inside it this year, they basically have a mix of actors/actresses. Disney in USA have a similar show using a male/female pair.
    Asus P6T6 WSR, Intel i7 965, 6gb OCZ, GTX 285 OCX, Kingston 64gb SSD, Corsair HX1000.

Ebuyer Enthusiast

Guys this is amazing, did you say the austin powers inpersinator is your dad? he looks the double of him

when i say real or fake i mean it like this:

REAL: That there is no person inside and it's computer controlled

Fake: there is a person inside operating and manuvering the robot suit.

So your dad done a show with it last year? i'd love to go, but i need someone who knows about the shows to go with? would love to see it, more i'd like to be in the suit

I also just got a funny comment after commenting on one of the TITAN videos, in which all i said is that on the wiki page and other sites about the type of people hired inside the suits.

here:

cybersteinrobots has replied to your comment on Titan The Robot:

I controlled the robot at V and I'm no dancer and no dancer has ever controlled any of my robots or even worked for me. One for the record WiKi!

I so want one though

Ebuyer Enthusiast

With a face like that, I'd hate if it turned out evil.
    Core i5 750 @ 4GHZ under Titan Fenrir / Asus P7P55D Pro / 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 / EVGA GTX560 SC / Corsair HX520W / Antec 300 / Windows 7 64 bit

Ebuyer Loyalist

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I reckon it's fake lol because it's more advanced than that one made by Honda, Asmos or something?

I hear thats the most advanced robot today soo...
    Asimo, it was on a repeat of James Mays Big Ideas on Dave the other week. That one could walk up and down stairs, and run properly (breifly off the ground like real running). Highly impressive.

This is one obviously a human inside though.
    Processor: Intel Core i5 2500k 3.3Ghz w/ Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVORAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600mhz Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LX Graphics: Sapphire HD4850 512MB Hard Drives: Crucial M4 128GB SSD & Western Digital HDD 3.5 TB total PSU/Case: Coolermaster Elite 330 w/ 460W PSU Display: LG W2361V 23" 1080p

Senior Ebuyer Addict

its only a matter of time before the US army use stuff like this on the battlefield
    Mavericks running on- Asus P8P67 Deluxe, i5 2500K, 2x 4gb Corsair 1600mhz Ram, 1tb F3, 500gb F1, Asus 6850

Ebuyer Enthusiast

i was looking at this creepy thing today, there are two versions, this big one here:

and this tiny one here

Heres a video of the bigdog in action and being kicked over and walking on different terrains, absolutely amazing but noisey :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHJJQ0zNNOM

Ebuyer Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Killer37 View Post
    Asimo, it was on a repeat of James Mays Big Ideas on Dave the other week. That one could walk up and down stairs, and run properly (breifly off the ground like real running). Highly impressive.
    Yeah, funny when it falls down the stairs though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASoCJTYgYB0

Humans don't really walk like asimo - which is statically dynamic walking (no real balance),
    we do more like passive dynamic walking (needs less energy):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj86oHAMdTY

Have to finish on a BigDog video though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp-XPOJM65I
    Follow me
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    -
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for
    and
    - more than 10 products, quick search, add to cart on every page...

Ebuyer Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mikerr View Post
    Yeah, funny when it falls down the stairs though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASoCJTYgYB0

Humans don't really walk like asimo - which is statically dynamic walking (no real balance),
    we do more like passive dynamic walking (needs less energy):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj86oHAMdTY

Have to finish on a BigDog video though:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp-XPOJM65I
    I laughed at asimo falling down and spazzing on the floor. However when i laughed at the big dog slipping over in the ice, some random geeza started having ago at me:eek: youtube the home or imature and retarded behaviour comments

Ebuyer Enthusiast

Ebuyer Addict

OMG, the makers of BigDog did a biped...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkztd...eature=related
    now THAT is the future...
    Last edited by mikerr; 26th February 2010 at 09:52 PM.
    Follow me
    -
    for
    and
    - more than 10 products, quick search, add to cart on every page...

Ebuyer Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mikerr View Post
    OMG, the makers of BigDog did a biped...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkztd...eature=related
    now THAT is the future...

That is totally cool :eek:

Ebuyer Addict

The PETMAN and BigDog scare me a little in weird kind of way - I dunno how to describe it. It's like... because the movement is so close to that of living things, it's like personified man-made objects that make you feel some kind of attachment to them emotionally. ie, I felt sorry for BigDog when it was slipping around on the ice, I felt like saying "aw, that's cruel, putting him on ice" as if he were a real dog....

...any of this making any sense to anyone?

Senior Ebuyer Addict

Quote Originally Posted by The TX View Post
    The PETMAN and BigDog scare me a little in weird kind of way - I dunno how to describe it. It's like... because the movement is so close to that of living things, it's like personified man-made objects that make you feel some kind of attachment to them emotionally. ie, I felt sorry for BigDog when it was slipping around on the ice, I felt like saying "aw, that's cruel, putting him on ice" as if he were a real dog....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley

Ebuyer Loyalist

The ones Professor Ishiguro makes are scary realistic (looks wise)

Processor: Intel Core i5 2500k 3.3Ghz w/ Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVORAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600mhz Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LX Graphics: Sapphire HD4850 512MB Hard Drives: Crucial M4 128GB SSD & Western Digital HDD 3.5 TB total PSU/Case: Coolermaster Elite 330 w/ 460W PSU Display: LG W2361V 23" 1080p

Senior Ebuyer Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Killer37 View Post
    The ones Professor Ishiguro makes are scary realistic (looks wise)

He made the head to big though... Wonder what else he made bigger :rolleyes:

Ebuyer Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by The TX View Post

Yes i totally know what you mean, even though i was laughing in a natural way as if a human would is because the characteristics of it trying not to fall over is something your friend or any human would do, so for a second i forgot it was a machine and felt sorry and had a laugh as i knew in my subconscious that it could recover but didn't want it to get hurt

HOWEVER some youtuber when i commented on it as i said started threatening me :eek:

what is it about angry youtubers on innocent viewers