+ Reply to Thread

Default Antec P182 Usb Ports and Front Jacks broken.

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help me with this problem, the USB ports on the front of my Antec P182 case has broken, the microphone and speaker jacks are not functioning properly aswell. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for this? I have contacted Ebuyer and they said that the case was out of warranty so they cannot provide any spares, but antec say that it has a 3 year warranty (I bought the case in 2008).

Another small issue is that I've heard that you need a serial number or case stamp to claim for warranty but I cannot find either of those on my case.

Ebuyer Addict

Quote Originally Posted by killer7xx View Post
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help me with this problem, the USB ports on the front of my Antec P182 case has broken, the microphone and speaker jacks are not functioning properly aswell. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for this? I have contacted Ebuyer and they said that the case was out of warranty so they cannot provide any spares, but antec say that it has a 3 year warranty (I bought the case in 2008).

Another small issue is that I've heard that you need a serial number or case stamp to claim for warranty but I cannot find either of those on my case.
    Is it over a year old? I'm guessing if ebuyer won't support then it is.

You can raise an RMA with Antec here - might need someone else to comment on the serial number though.

http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/EUnewticket.php
    Components for new rig delivered, building it tonight. (08/07)

Thanks for that Chris, i'm filling in right now. Hmm... it says I need a chassis stamp, which I can't find so I guess I will enter a bunch of 0s and explain to them that I can't find the stamp. Hope it works! Btw, the case is nearly two years old as I bought it in Feb 2008.

Ebuyer Loyalist

The case stamp will likely be on the inside of the case, down the bottom somewhere near the PSU.
    Processor: Intel Core i5 2500k 3.3Ghz w/ Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVORAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600mhz Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LX Graphics: Sapphire HD4850 512MB Hard Drives: Crucial M4 128GB SSD & Western Digital HDD 3.5 TB total PSU/Case: Coolermaster Elite 330 w/ 460W PSU Display: LG W2361V 23" 1080p

The "Awesome" Dude

Let me know how this goes, I broke mine :o

I have checked everywhere on the inside and outside of case and I still can't find the stamp. I've looked on the internet aswell and its looks like a lot of people can't find it. Apparantly, the usb ports breaking is quite a big issue with the P182, my neighbour also had his broken, however he got the whole case replaced.

And a update - this morning I got an email from antec customer support saying that the trouble ticket was submitted, so now I am awaiting a further reply.

Sorry for the long delay in updating, it was due to problems with my internet connection. Antec emailed me back, asking for my address and telephone number, I then waited for a few days with no reply from them. However this morning I received a package from them that was sent from the Netherlands. Antec have fabulous customer support in my opinion, they managed to get the part to me in just 2 working days despite the snow. Now i'm happy that I have a new front panel with all ports working.

Ebuyer Enthusiast

Awesome - I've got a broken usb socket on the front of my P180 as well. Might be a common fault with the Antec cases by the look of it.
    Fractal Design Black Pearl Define R3 : Be Quiet 530W Pure Power : Gigabyte GA-H67A-UD3H-B3 : Core i7 2600k : Corsair 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 : ASUS Xonar D2 : OCZ 60GB Vertex 2E : 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 : LG 26" Monitor : Cyrus 3 Amp : Mordaunt-Short Aviano 1XR speakers