+ Reply to Thread

Default Can't delete Hard Drive Partition

Hi, I have just formatted my PC to clean install both XP and Vista in a dual boot configuration, I have 2 500GB Seagate Barracudas, and my data drive intact to backup all my files whilst I wiped the other drive. Ive installed both XP and Vista now and copied all my documents back to the primary Hard Drive. I now want to delete the partition for my data drive, but for some reason Windows Disk Manager wont let me delete the data partition, or expand it (as previously it was 2 separate partitions, but I now want to format and make it one single partition).

In Drive Manager it says the drive is: Healthy, System, Active, Primary Partition, even though it has no OS on it, the only files on it, that I have not put on are: BOOTSECT.bak, Boot.bak, a BMP image (VCredist) and some EULA.txt files

How do delete this Partition

Many Thanks
    Smiffy101
    Last edited by Smiffy101; 27th October 2009 at 04:11 PM.
    AMD Athlon X2 6000+@stock | 4GB Corsair XMS2 800MHz| MSI K9A2 Platinum | Sapphire ATI HD 4850 Dual Slot Cooler |Twin 500GB Seagate SATAII Hard Drives |Logitech G15 Keyboard| Hiper Type-R 580W PSU| LG Flatron 22"

Storm3y

Hey,

Take a look at EASEUS Partition Master that should help you delete your partitions.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by Storm3y; 27th October 2009 at 04:26 PM.

Thank you for your help, I have tried running it on my Vista partition, but it says it cannot run on 64 Bit OSs (sorry for not stating this before), gonna try it from the XP side...
    AMD Athlon X2 6000+@stock | 4GB Corsair XMS2 800MHz| MSI K9A2 Platinum | Sapphire ATI HD 4850 Dual Slot Cooler |Twin 500GB Seagate SATAII Hard Drives |Logitech G15 Keyboard| Hiper Type-R 580W PSU| LG Flatron 22"

Storm3y

Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy101 View Post
    Thank you for your help, I have tried running it on my Vista partition, but it says it cannot run on 64 Bit OSs (sorry for not stating this before), gonna try it from the XP side...
    Ah if you try it on the XP side it should work fine. I've used it on both Windows XPa and Windows Vista.

Thank You for your help, it has worked and welcome to the forums