Closed Thread

Default What does next day delivery actually mean?

"What does next day delivery" mean to you?

Has anyone else had problems with losing orders over split deliveries?
    Last edited by Nolan; 6th March 2007 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Toned down

xgermz

best thing to do is to not bother with it...

... next day deliveries tend to be more ... "next day" when the orders are kept small.
    If your order is based in numerous warehouses, then id assume it would take time to
    move things to one warehouse, before shipping to you etc...

Hi there! Welcome.....If I order on Sunday night it always comes on Tuesday morning. If I order on a weekday morning it will come next day. I think next day meens from when they start processing the order.
    Core 2 Duo E6600 / Club 3D 8800 / SB XFi and all that kind of stuff

Ebuyer Addict

Best way is to work backwards. Assuming warehouse 1 - ebuyers main warehouse.

In order for it to reach you by the next day, it needs to be despached to City Link the previous night. The last truck leaves at around 9PM. So basically you need to order in enough time for the order to be picked before 9PM - order size needs to be taken into account here, and obviosuly some days they may take more orders than expected, which could lead to problems.

I've only ever had a problem with next day delivery once - the money was refunded and it was apparently because of a "problem" in the warehouse.

If you have items coming from other warehouses (2,3,4) - it's a whole new ball game, very hit and miss. Something ebuyer should ideally improve, but realisticly probably have very little control over - they often come directly from suppliers (drop shipping).

I ordered something this afternoon around 4PM, it's now left the warehouse and will be with me in about 12 hours.

Ebuyer Enthusiast

This is the criteria that must be met for next day delivery: -

Next Day Delivery now available on all orders placed before 6pm!
    Next day delivery is available on all orders where the following criteria have been met:

The order is placed before the specified cut off time and all security checks have been completed.
    All items on the order are instock and available for delivery.
    Cleared funds have been received in full for the order total.
    Delivery is to a UK mainland address.
    Applies to next working day, excludes bank holidays and weekends.
    Every effort is made to ensure that all dispatched orders are delivered between the hours of 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.

Ebuyer usually do everything in their powers to meet the deadline on delivery but once it leaves their warehose and is in the hands of the citylink courier then its in the lap of the gods as to when you'll get your order, however that all depends on your delivery area. Some areas have no problems, others have quite a few problems.

Better still if you can wait a couple of days or so for delivery you'll save yourself a few quid. I never choose next day as your most often left disappointed well at least in my area.
    Last edited by bainy; 7th March 2007 at 12:17 AM.
    bainy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.