Below is a list of PlayStation 3 error codes, some are common, most are rare.
- Can’t playback burn BDr movie.
- Attempting to play burnt Dual layer NTSC disc on a PAL PS3 (workarounds is to transfer files to PS3 via TVersity).
- An error occurred during the delete operation (attempting to delete some PS2 homebrew from virtual memory card).
- Sign into PLAYSTATION-Network (needed for some games or PS3 processes - have to sign in to use them).
- An error occurred during the install operation (error when downloading game from PSN - network error occured.
- An error occurred during the copy operation (using media server).
- An error occurred during the start operation (corrupted folding install).
- An error occurred during the start operation (during disc swap tests).
- DNS Error; No DSN server available.
- System Error due to failed update download.
- Major Error, Game ability stopped.
- Can’t start Blu-Ray Game.
- Will not play hard drive games - Cause unknown.
- An error occurred during the start operation; PS1 game swapped using the eject function and then play pressed quickly - PS1 game inserted again.
- Exchanging Key Information exchange has timed out.
- “Cannot Obtain an IP address”.
- Downloaded Game will not install - Cause unknown.
- An error occurred during the copy operation. The file may be corrupt or there isn’t enough memory. Try copying data from original source.
- Error Creating Account.
- PS3 connects to the internet but not to the network.
- DNS Error.
- Playstation Network is down.
- “An error has occurred. You have been signed out from the PLAYSTATION Network” - (connection dropped?).
- Connection error.
- IP conflict, PS3 Cannot connect to the router with current IP information - Try rebooting your router.
- "The connection to the server timed out. Press the 'X' button to repair and restore default”.
- Possible Port Error - Try opening ports, TCP port: 80, 443, 5223 and UDP port: 3478, 3479, 3658. or add PS3 to DMZ.
- Error copying saves from location A to location B not open to connect to store but PS3 can connect to internet.
- Will not play demo hard drive games, when Blu-Ray disc is inserted - Cause unknown.
- An error occurred during the start operation; PS3 game swapped using the eject function and then play pressed quickly - ps3 game inserted again.
- Unknown. A user with this error was told by Sony to send the machine in.
- Connection error, Possible Proxy error power cord. Then shut off your modem/router, for about 5 minutes, then turn the modem back up first and let it sync, then turn the router back on (if using one) and let it sync. Reconnect your power cable and flip the back switch up again. Then make a new network connection.
- Go to Display Settings then HDMI (or whatever your connection is) and choose Automatic.
- PS2 disc Boot Error, An error occurred during the start operation; PS2 game swapped using the eject function and then play pressed quickly - Backup PS2 game inserted again.
- PS2 Disc Error - unsupported disc.
- PS2 Disc Error, the internal PS2 disk got corrupted.
- Ps2 Disc Error, network config error.
- Corrupt data usually on external device.
- Unable to Add friend in XMB.
- Cannot load game to play online.
- Error Signing in.
- Unable to remain logged in - either to game or server.
- Unable to connect to server/host. Check router port configuration.
- Possible NAT Error, Can log onto Game Server but can’t join game and can’t host game.
- DVI has no audio.
- Too many people downloading the update just sit back until the morning around 5am - 11am and you should be able to get it.
- Trying to Update the Firmware, copying to a file and installing from a USB drive failed.
- Game will not Save.
- “A connection error has occurred” - May be to do with the SSID of the Router or signal strength if the connection drops Putting the PS3 into DMZ may help - otherwise check WPA key Ps3 can’t handle WPA2 only WPA.
- WEP Key error, change WEP key to all numbers (on router homepage) and try agian, or which to WPA. Otherwise disable security.
- Check Router Page, SSID Broadcasting possibly off.
- Access Point not detected.
- Internal PSP error, hardware fault. Send back to be replaced/fixed.
- An error occurred during communication with the server. This is a DNS error.
- Hard boot the PS3, turn off the PS3 to stand-by, flip off the back switch and remove the.
- PS3 Network is Down or PS3 Network is too busy to respond.
- Turn the PS3 off for a bit (30 minutes give or take) with the power toggle (not standby mode).
- Copyright Violation when attempting to install game.
If anyone notices anything that needs to be added, removed, corrected or changed on the list please let me know.