+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 50 of 50
  1. #31
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Some twisty B road in the ST
    Age
    22
    Rep Power
    684
    Reputation
    32634
    Posts
    20,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonpearson1 View Post
    17 you can Ride any bike With 33hp with a A2 licence
    17 with a Cbt can only ride a Restricted 125cc, But who Restricts Bikes?
    or who buys a restricted 125 and leaves it restriced

    EDIT:

    Just got an email back from the DVLA

    Thank you for your email.

    Driving licences are valid until the drivers 70th birthday unless a short period licence is issued for medical reasons.

    The photograph on the photocard section of the licence must be renewed every 10 years.

    To apply for a GB provisional driving licence you will need to complete application form D1(available from most main Post Offices®).

    The forms will need to be completed and returned with one passport sized photograph, a cheque or postal order for £50.00 and a valid passport.

    Once you have been issued with a provisional driving licence (and the commencement date is in force) you are able to commence driving lessons/ contact the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) with a view of booking the appropriate driving tests.
    Last edited by Yarde; 14th October 2008 at 03:42 PM.
    IIIIIIIIIT'S A HOCKEY NIGHT IN PITTSBURGH! - Let's Go Pens!

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  2. #32
    My Username Lies

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Age
    30
    Rep Power
    376
    Reputation
    17624
    Posts
    5,316

    Default

    My provisional hints towards the 65 age mark (without checking cba)

    OT: since this thread has attracted lots of learner noobs like myself,
    what do people think about a no-alcohol ban on new drivers
    for the first couple of years/months when they pass?
    -
    --
    ---
    ----
    slight grey area over morning-after, and some medication can leave traces of alcohol in the blood but I think it's a great idea. either that or push the driving age up to 21.

  3. #33
    Keyboard Warrior

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Rep Power
    345
    Reputation
    16095
    Posts
    5,163

    Default

    I think everything's fine the way it is.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    Phenom II X6 1055T .::. Asus M4A88T-V EVO .::. XFX HD 5830 XXX .::. 8GB Corsair XMS3 .::. 640GB WD F1 .::. OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W .::. Antec P182 .::. Samsung SyncMaster 21.6" .::. Windows 7 Pro .::.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  4. #34
    Ebuyer Addict
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Near London
    Age
    25
    Rep Power
    21
    Reputation
    118
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by computernoob View Post
    My provisional hints towards the 65 age mark (without checking cba)

    OT: since this thread has attracted lots of learner noobs like myself,
    what do people think about a no-alcohol ban on new drivers
    for the first couple of years/months when they pass?
    -
    --
    ---
    ----
    slight grey area over morning-after, and some medication can leave traces of alcohol in the blood but I think it's a great idea. either that or push the driving age up to 21.
    Didnt know about that - are you sure? Thought it would have been like advertised on tv or summat like that.

    They are, DSA/government, thinking about having minimum driving hours as well as a minimum test age stuff like that. Though it is not due out for like years as it is only just in the thinking stages.
    Asus crosshair | AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.3Ghz @ 1.5v | EVGA 8800GTS 640MB | Antec 300
    Corsair 2GB Kit PC2-6400 CL4 | Noctua NH-U12P | OCZ StealthXStream 600W PSU

  5. #35
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Some twisty B road in the ST
    Age
    22
    Rep Power
    684
    Reputation
    32634
    Posts
    20,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by computernoob View Post
    either that or push the driving age up to 21.
    push for that in about a years time please, cause i'll be 17 by then
    IIIIIIIIIT'S A HOCKEY NIGHT IN PITTSBURGH! - Let's Go Pens!

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  6. #36
    My Username Lies

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Age
    30
    Rep Power
    376
    Reputation
    17624
    Posts
    5,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yarde View Post
    push for that in about a years time please, cause i'll be 17 by then
    weeell.... it's all up in the air currently. nothing definate and it'll probably never happen.
    I reckon older drivers would be more sensible.

  7. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ayr, Scotland
    Age
    33
    Rep Power
    18
    Reputation
    86
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Right lets clear this up for the poor guy. Some of the information in this thread has been shocking!

    Provisional Licence lasts from the dat you apply until you are 70, at which date it needs renewed.

    Photocard licences last 10 years, at which point you update the photo (but you're licence hasn;t run out, even if you dont update the photo.

    Theory tests can be taken when 16, as the theory test covers more than just a car licence and there are some licences you can get when you;re 16.

    All of the above is 100% correct at the time of writing, but with todays government, may well be wrong by tomorrow

  8. #38
    Ebuyer Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lancaster
    Age
    24
    Rep Power
    24
    Reputation
    239
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vroomtshh View Post
    Theory tests can be taken when 16, as the theory test covers more than just a car licence and there are some licences you can get when you;re 16.
    That's not correct, your provisional license has to be valid before you can take your theory test, and that doesn't happen until you're 17.

  9. #39
    Ebuyer Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Rep Power
    23
    Reputation
    102
    Posts
    627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vroomtshh View Post
    Right lets clear this up for the poor guy. Some of the information in this thread has been shocking!

    Provisional Licence lasts from the dat you apply until you are 70, at which date it needs renewed.

    Photocard licences last 10 years, at which point you update the photo (but you're licence hasn;t run out, even if you dont update the photo.

    Theory tests can be taken when 16, as the theory test covers more than just a car licence and there are some licences you can get when you;re 16.

    All of the above is 100% correct at the time of writing, but with todays government, may well be wrong by tomorrow
    And that may be true, but if its still valid, why does the licence say "valid to" surely that would mean that it should be "photo valid to".....
    Last edited by jack_inactive; 15th October 2008 at 11:59 AM.

  10. #40
    Ebuyer Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bristol
    Age
    25
    Rep Power
    25
    Reputation
    443
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomcage9 View Post
    That's not correct, your provisional license has to be valid before you can take your theory test, and that doesn't happen until you're 17.
    UH no, people use provisional when driving a moped at 16, or do you mean valid for use in a car.
    Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 3.4 Ghz , 4 GB RAM, Asus P5Q Pro, 500+400 GB HDDs, Sapphire HD4850, Soundblaster x-fi, Antec 300

  11. #41
    Ebuyer Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lancaster
    Age
    24
    Rep Power
    24
    Reputation
    239
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    UH no, people use provisional when driving a moped at 16, or do you mean valid for use in a car.
    Yeah I meant valid for a car.

    From direct.gov.uk:

    Minimum age you can take a test
    You can take your theory test once your provisional licence becomes valid.

    Normally, for car drivers, the earliest date your provisional licence can become valid is your 17th birthday, however you can apply for the licence up to three months before your 17th birthday.

    So, if you apply for your provisional licence before you are 17 you will still have to wait until your birthday before you can take your theory test.
    Last edited by tomcage9; 15th October 2008 at 12:06 PM.

  12. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ayr, Scotland
    Age
    33
    Rep Power
    18
    Reputation
    86
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Thats not true. I got my provisional when i was 16 to ride a Moped. And I sat my theory test when i was 16 and a half. You need to have your provisional to do the test, but you dont need to wait til your 17 to have your provisional.
    I have a car licence, bike licence, trailer licence and 7.5t licence (If you want to be pedantic its all on one licence but was 4 seperate tests)

    And I've only ever passed one theory test at age 16.5 which has covered me for every test since.

  13. #43
    Ebuyer Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bristol
    Age
    25
    Rep Power
    25
    Reputation
    443
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vroomtshh View Post
    Thats not true. I got my provisional when i was 16 to ride a Moped. And I sat my theory test when i was 16 and a half. You need to have your provisional to do the test, but you dont need to wait til your 17 to have your provisional.
    I have a car licence, bike licence, trailer licence and 7.5t licence (If you want to be pedantic its all on one licence but was 4 seperate tests)

    And I've only ever passed one theory test at age 16.5 which has covered me for every test since.
    sorry but there is a seperate theory for bike tests, my bro did his a few months ago and had to do another theory.
    Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 3.4 Ghz , 4 GB RAM, Asus P5Q Pro, 500+400 GB HDDs, Sapphire HD4850, Soundblaster x-fi, Antec 300

  14. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Ayr, Scotland
    Age
    33
    Rep Power
    18
    Reputation
    86
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    sorry but there is a seperate theory for bike tests, my bro did his a few months ago and had to do another theory.

    If thats the case then its fairly recent. Or he had never done a car theory. A lot of people who passed there car test before the theory was introduced, have to do one to pass there bike tests.

  15. #45
    lawrawr_laion
    Guest

  16. #46
    Ebuyer Addict

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Rep Power
    159
    Reputation
    7283
    Posts
    1,115

    Default

    Lol, love it when people don't see the timestamps

  17. #47
    Senior Ebuyer Addict

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Worcester - UK
    Age
    21
    Rep Power
    143
    Reputation
    6394
    Posts
    2,857

    Default

    His first post too?

    odd.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

    MY
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    /
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    /
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  18. #48
    Ebuyer Loyalist

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kent
    Age
    20
    Rep Power
    396
    Reputation
    18773
    Posts
    8,079

    Default

    Even gave you a kiss Yarde, you lucky boy.

  19. #49
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Some twisty B road in the ST
    Age
    22
    Rep Power
    684
    Reputation
    32634
    Posts
    20,892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Even gave you a kiss Yarde, you lucky boy.
    I know. Can't wait!
    IIIIIIIIIT'S A HOCKEY NIGHT IN PITTSBURGH! - Let's Go Pens!

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

  20. #50
    Ebuyer Addict

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Colchester
    Rep Power
    284
    Reputation
    13249
    Posts
    2,051

    Default


 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.8
Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Copyright Ebuyer UK LTD 2013
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:55 AM.
vBulletin 4.0 skin by CompleteVB