+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jonpearson1 View Post
    17 you can Ride any bike With 33hp with a A2 licence
    17 with a Cbt can only ride a Restricted 125cc, But who Restricts Bikes?
    or who buys a restricted 125 and leaves it restriced

EDIT:

Just got an email back from the DVLA

Thank you for your email.

Driving licences are valid until the drivers 70th birthday unless a short period licence is issued for medical reasons.

The photograph on the photocard section of the licence must be renewed every 10 years.

To apply for a GB provisional driving licence you will need to complete application form D1(available from most main Post Offices®).

The forms will need to be completed and returned with one passport sized photograph, a cheque or postal order for £50.00 and a valid passport.

Once you have been issued with a provisional driving licence (and the commencement date is in force) you are able to commence driving lessons/ contact the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) with a view of booking the appropriate driving tests.
    Last edited by Yarde; 14th October 2008 at 03:42 PM.
    IIIIIIIIIT'S A HOCKEY NIGHT IN PITTSBURGH! - Let's Go Pens!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Username Lies

My provisional hints towards the 65 age mark (without checking cba)

OT: since this thread has attracted lots of learner noobs like myself,
    what do people think about a no-alcohol ban on new drivers
    for the first couple of years/months when they pass?
    -
    --
    ---
    ----
    slight grey area over morning-after, and some medication can leave traces of alcohol in the blood but I think it's a great idea. either that or push the driving age up to 21.

Keyboard Warrior

I think everything's fine the way it is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phenom II X6 1055T .::. Asus M4A88T-V EVO .::. XFX HD 5830 XXX .::. 8GB Corsair XMS3 .::. 640GB WD F1 .::. OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W .::. Antec P182 .::. Samsung SyncMaster 21.6" .::. Windows 7 Pro .::.

Ebuyer Addict

Quote Originally Posted by computernoob View Post
    My provisional hints towards the 65 age mark (without checking cba)

OT: since this thread has attracted lots of learner noobs like myself,
    what do people think about a no-alcohol ban on new drivers
    for the first couple of years/months when they pass?
    -
    --
    ---
    ----
    slight grey area over morning-after, and some medication can leave traces of alcohol in the blood but I think it's a great idea. either that or push the driving age up to 21.
    Didnt know about that - are you sure? Thought it would have been like advertised on tv or summat like that.

They are, DSA/government, thinking about having minimum driving hours as well as a minimum test age stuff like that. Though it is not due out for like years as it is only just in the thinking stages.
    Asus crosshair | AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.3Ghz @ 1.5v | EVGA 8800GTS 640MB | Antec 300
    Corsair 2GB Kit PC2-6400 CL4 | Noctua NH-U12P | OCZ StealthXStream 600W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by computernoob View Post
    either that or push the driving age up to 21.
    push for that in about a years time please, cause i'll be 17 by then

My Username Lies

Quote Originally Posted by yarde View Post
    push for that in about a years time please, cause i'll be 17 by then
    weeell.... it's all up in the air currently. nothing definate and it'll probably never happen.
    I reckon older drivers would be more sensible.

Right lets clear this up for the poor guy. Some of the information in this thread has been shocking!

Provisional Licence lasts from the dat you apply until you are 70, at which date it needs renewed.

Photocard licences last 10 years, at which point you update the photo (but you're licence hasn;t run out, even if you dont update the photo.

Theory tests can be taken when 16, as the theory test covers more than just a car licence and there are some licences you can get when you;re 16.

All of the above is 100% correct at the time of writing, but with todays government, may well be wrong by tomorrow

Ebuyer Addict

Quote Originally Posted by vroomtshh View Post
    Theory tests can be taken when 16, as the theory test covers more than just a car licence and there are some licences you can get when you;re 16.
    That's not correct, your provisional license has to be valid before you can take your theory test, and that doesn't happen until you're 17.

Ebuyer Enthusiast

Right lets clear this up for the poor guy. Some of the information in this thread has been shocking!

Provisional Licence lasts from the dat you apply until you are 70, at which date it needs renewed.

Photocard licences last 10 years, at which point you update the photo (but you're licence hasn;t run out, even if you dont update the photo.

All of the above is 100% correct at the time of writing, but with todays government, may well be wrong by tomorrow
    And that may be true, but if its still valid, why does the licence say "valid to" surely that would mean that it should be "photo valid to".....
    Last edited by jack_inactive; 15th October 2008 at 11:59 AM.

Ebuyer Addict

Quote Originally Posted by tomcage9 View Post
    That's not correct, your provisional license has to be valid before you can take your theory test, and that doesn't happen until you're 17.
    UH no, people use provisional when driving a moped at 16, or do you mean valid for use in a car.
    Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 3.4 Ghz , 4 GB RAM, Asus P5Q Pro, 500+400 GB HDDs, Sapphire HD4850, Soundblaster x-fi, Antec 300

Ebuyer Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    UH no, people use provisional when driving a moped at 16, or do you mean valid for use in a car.
    Yeah I meant valid for a car.

From direct.gov.uk:

Minimum age you can take a test
    You can take your theory test once your provisional licence becomes valid.

Normally, for car drivers, the earliest date your provisional licence can become valid is your 17th birthday, however you can apply for the licence up to three months before your 17th birthday.

So, if you apply for your provisional licence before you are 17 you will still have to wait until your birthday before you can take your theory test.
    Last edited by tomcage9; 15th October 2008 at 12:06 PM.

Thats not true. I got my provisional when i was 16 to ride a Moped. And I sat my theory test when i was 16 and a half. You need to have your provisional to do the test, but you dont need to wait til your 17 to have your provisional.
    I have a car licence, bike licence, trailer licence and 7.5t licence (If you want to be pedantic its all on one licence but was 4 seperate tests)

And I've only ever passed one theory test at age 16.5 which has covered me for every test since.

Ebuyer Addict

Thats not true. I got my provisional when i was 16 to ride a Moped. And I sat my theory test when i was 16 and a half. You need to have your provisional to do the test, but you dont need to wait til your 17 to have your provisional.
    I have a car licence, bike licence, trailer licence and 7.5t licence (If you want to be pedantic its all on one licence but was 4 seperate tests)

And I've only ever passed one theory test at age 16.5 which has covered me for every test since.
    sorry but there is a seperate theory for bike tests, my bro did his a few months ago and had to do another theory.
    Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 3.4 Ghz , 4 GB RAM, Asus P5Q Pro, 500+400 GB HDDs, Sapphire HD4850, Soundblaster x-fi, Antec 300

Quote Originally Posted by Gee View Post
    sorry but there is a seperate theory for bike tests, my bro did his a few months ago and had to do another theory.

If thats the case then its fairly recent. Or he had never done a car theory. A lot of people who passed there car test before the theory was introduced, have to do one to pass there bike tests.

lawrawr_laion

Ebuyer Addict

Lol, love it when people don't see the timestamps

Senior Ebuyer Addict

His first post too?

odd.

MY
    /
    /

Ebuyer Loyalist

Even gave you a kiss Yarde, you lucky boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
    Even gave you a kiss Yarde, you lucky boy.
    I know. Can't wait!

Ebuyer Addict