+ Reply to Thread
    The "Gadget" Dude

Default CAPS Issue in Outlook

Hi Guys

Two of my users here at work have today had issues with all of their letters they type in outlook being Capital letters. The caps lock key is off and it makes no difference if they turn it on either. The letters also come out in caps if they hold the shift key down whilst they type (which if CAPS lock was on should make the letters lower case).

This only happens in the main body of the email, and if they change to any other program or even type in the to address box it comes out normally in lower case.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Pepp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Turtle

try this, go to the Tools menu, and choose Options. Then select the Spelling tab.
    Click 'Autocorrect Options' and untick 'Correct accidental usage of CAPS LOCK key' and click OK OK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Follow me on twitter

Tha "Clarksta" Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Pepp77 View Post
    Hi Guys

Two of my users here at work have today had issues with all of their letters they type in outlook being Capital letters. The caps lock key is off and it makes no difference if they turn it on either. The letters also come out in caps if they hold the shift key down whilst they type (which if CAPS lock was on should make the letters lower case).

This only happens in the main body of the email, and if they change to any other program or even type in the to address box it comes out normally in lower case.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Pepp
    try;

http://www.lockergnome.com/windows/2...lock-solution/

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/...-out-when.aspx
    | AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz | Asus M3N78-VM | Crucial 4GB DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 | Samsung Spinpoint 1TB F3 | Coolermaster Elite 330 Case | Fujitsu Siemens 22" Monitor | Acer AL1916W 19" Monitor | Logitech MediaPlay Cordless Mouse |Zenos Academy

The "Gadget" Dude

Really strange - its now not doing it - and we made no changes to either machine. Didnt log off or restart or even close and reopen the program.

Ill have to wait to see if it happens again to try above.

Cheers Timmy.

@ThaClarksta - thanks for the links - however none apply as the CAPS lock key isnt on when they letters are coming out capital and if I turn it on the letters stay capital, if I then turn it back off they stay capital, and if I use shift they stay capital. I first thought dodgy keyboard but now its happened on two different machines so it cant be that. It also as I say only affects the main body of outlook messages and nothing else.
    Last edited by Pepp77; 7th October 2008 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Edit - last para

Greenie

Not sure whereabouts but look for a "Font" under one of the menus, some pretty neat settings under that if you wanna drive someone nuts. Also (works in word anyway) highlight text and press shift and F3, cycles the text through various case settings, all caps, all lower, sentence start caps.
    Judge not lest ye be judged.
    INTJ
    RD: