+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Ebuyer Addict

Default Orange Dolphin PAYG package

Hi,

I'm currently on Orange pay as you go and was looking at moving on to the Dolphin package as if I top up 10 each month I can get 300 free texts and free mobile access to Bebo, Myspace and Facebook.

Is it limited to those three sites? Can I connect my phone to my computer and use the internet that way or is it strictly mobile only?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks.
    irc.j3di.org #ebuyer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tha "Clarksta" Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
    Hi,

I'm currently on Orange pay as you go and was looking at moving on to the Dolphin package as if I top up 10 each month I can get 300 free texts and free mobile access to Bebo, Myspace and Facebook.

Is it limited to those three sites? Can I connect my phone to my computer and use the internet that way or is it strictly mobile only?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks.
    My brother had the same thing, orange, but he could access e-mail and all sites for free

I think it may have been a mistake but :confused::confused:
    | AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz | Asus M3N78-VM | Crucial 4GB DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 | Samsung Spinpoint 1TB F3 | Coolermaster Elite 330 Case | Fujitsu Siemens 22" Monitor | Acer AL1916W 19" Monitor | Logitech MediaPlay Cordless Mouse |Zenos Academy

The Prodigal Son

Online community sites are Facebook, Bebo, MySpace and Flirtomatic – usage is subject to a 50MB cap – any usage over this will be charged at standard rates
    Hi Chris. I found the above in their T&C's, paragraph 4. I couldn't find out anything about using your mobile as a modem, but it's normally a no-no as they charge you data rates so it's very expensive.
    CPU i3 2100 Motherboard MSI H61M-P23 GFX HD4870 512MB Hard Drives 2 x 500GB SSD Crucial M225 64GB Memory 2 x 4GB Mushkin Silverline PSU SilverStone ST75ZF Zeus (60A@12v) Case All Black Elite 330 O/S Win 7

Senior Ebuyer Addict

Quote Originally Posted by dagwoood View Post
    Hi Chris. I found the above in their T&C's, paragraph 4. I couldn't find out anything about using your mobile as a modem, but it's normally a no-no as they charge you data rates so it's very expensive.
    50mb is pretty fail. So I can't use it as modem to browse Facebook, Myspace and Bebo on my laptop :rolleyes: (not that I would want to browse those sites anyway...).

I don't see what the difference is between using my phone or my laptop to connect to the internet though.
    irc.j3di.org #ebuyer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Ebuyer Addict

Hello Chris H,

You cannot connect your phone as a modem to the computer because you would be using Orange World GPRS. Just buy Orange world access for 1 and then you can connect to your computer as you wish!

Kind Regards.....

Senior Ebuyer Addict

Quote Originally Posted by h4x3r View Post
    Hello Chris H,

You cannot connect your phone as a modem to the computer because you would be using Orange World GPRS. Just buy Orange world access for 1 and then you can connect to your computer as you wish!

Kind Regards.....
    So that means.. I can connect my phone to my computer and pay 1 (how do I go about paying the 1?) and that will give me unlimited access to the internet throughout the day? Can I access any sites I would normally be able to access?
    irc.j3di.org #ebuyer

Senior Ebuyer Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
    So that means.. I can connect my phone to my computer and pay 1 (how do I go about paying the 1?) and that will give me unlimited access to the internet throughout the day? Can I access any sites I would normally be able to access?
    Correct! 1 for all day mobile access. It is capped to 25MB tho, if you do go over the limit, Orange wouldn't do anything but if you abuse the service downloading, p2p, they will restrict your service!

To get this bundle. go to Orangge Home page and go to "My Account" and more info will be there

or read:
    http://www1.orange.co.uk/entertainme...WorldCosts.php