+ Reply to Thread
    mikey4020

Default Samsung Printer Paper Jamming

I purchased a Samsung ML-2010 off ebuyer last year and it's been a great printer. I'm having terrible problems with paper jamming in it though. I've tried various kinds and it keeps getting stuck. I think it might be something to do with the pickup rollers. Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with this printer jamming.

Senior Ebuyer Addict

iv got the bigger bother the ml-3051n and havent had a problem is it still under worenty?
    Q6600 (water cooled) , silverstone tj03 (with custom top for 120mm rad and window), 2 gb tracer ram , ATI 4870 , Seagate 500 GB hard drive , P43 Asus

mikey4020

Nah it's past a year so I can't send it away. It prints fine, it just won't feed. If you hold the paper and push it through manually it prints great. Tried different paper types and they all give the same problem.

Senior Ebuyer Addict

you may just need to get a new printer if i recall the ml-2010 is pretty cheep now ?
    Q6600 (water cooled) , silverstone tj03 (with custom top for 120mm rad and window), 2 gb tracer ram , ATI 4870 , Seagate 500 GB hard drive , P43 Asus

Senior Ebuyer Addict

I've has my ML-1610 for just under a year now (not from Ebuyer) and have not had any issued with paper jams.

I got mine for 20 from a high street shop .

How many pages have you printed?
    irc.j3di.org #ebuyer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Ebuyer Addict

ml-3051 is the way to go im on just over the 6000 mark

The Ebuyer Elite

Quote Originally Posted by mikey4020 View Post
    I purchased a Samsung ML-2010 off ebuyer last year and it's been a great printer. I'm having terrible problems with paper jamming in it though. I've tried various kinds and it keeps getting stuck. I think it might be something to do with the pickup rollers. Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with this printer jamming.
    I did not have this problem with my old ML-2010.

Since it's a laser printer, have you fanned the paper to get rid of any static?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ebuyer Customer Support/Product Advice: 0871 5213300 | Ebuyer Technical Support: 03303 339390

Senior Ebuyer Addict

I remember in the manual it said that if the paper is out for a long time then it picks up moisture from the air and can then cause the printer to drag in more than one sheet.

Perhaps you should try with some fresh paper.
    irc.j3di.org #ebuyer

mikey4020

Well after a bit of googling I seem to have found a solution. It seems to have been the pickup roller that was the problem. Apparently the rubber gets a shine after a while which causes it to loose its grip on the paper. If you clean it with an alcoholic solution, I used aftershave it removes this shine. Works a treat now and fragranced pages!!

Senior Ebuyer Addict

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

I'll have to remember that if mine goes the same way .
    irc.j3di.org #ebuyer