+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NUS Card

nerosam

Question NUS Card

Is it possible to get discount on products with an NUS card/student card?

Ebuyer Addict

No, ebuyer do not do a student discount
    Lee

The Ebuyer Elite

Quote Originally Posted by nerosam View Post
    Hello and Welcome, Enjoy Your Stay

I wish! I'd be ordering every day instead of every week from Ebuyer if they gave a student discount!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ebuyer Customer Support/Product Advice: 0871 5213300 | Ebuyer Technical Support: 03303 339390

Ebuyer Addict

Quote Originally Posted by nerosam View Post

Judging by the age of some of the correspondents on here, a SAGA discount voucher would come in handier

Senior Ebuyer Addict

It would be good for students but ebuyer are really low already! So they know students are buying with them anyway!

Ebuyer Addict

nahhh i say drive prices down more!! damn u ebuyer its not cheap enuf! :P

student prices sound good tho even tho i ent bought 1 of them NUS cards yet. but i will get 1 sumtime.
    I'm not going to bother documenting my rig. It sucks, lets leave it at that.

The Ebuyer Elite

Quote Originally Posted by tombutcher1990 View Post
    You are joking...right? They wouldn't make any profit if they were any cheaper!

Ebuyer Customer Support/Product Advice: 0871 5213300 | Ebuyer Technical Support: 03303 339390

nerosam

Quote Originally Posted by h4x3r View Post
    It would be good for students but ebuyer are really low already! So they know students are buying with them anyway!
    hehe good point. I kinda feel dumb for askin about NUS after seeing prices as such as these :S

....although it would be cool if the prices would drop even more
    Last edited by nerosam; 23rd October 2007 at 11:01 PM.

random guy

Quote Originally Posted by merc_fan View Post
    You are joking...right? They wouldn't make any profit if they were any cheaper!
    students should be getting trade prices!!!

If students want shiny new computer bits, they should get down the docks and do favours for sailors like everyone else. So there!
    Intel C2Q Q6600 @ 3GHz Asus Striker Extreme 680i SLi 4GB OCZ XTC Platinum Rev.2 @ 900MHz 4-4-4-12 MSI NX8800GT OC 512MB (660/1650/1900) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic Corsair HX620w 500GB Samsung SpinPoint Samsung SyncMaster 226BW Vista Ultimate x86/x64

Ebuyer Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Belphagor View Post
    If students want shiny new computer bits, they should get down the docks and do favours for sailors like everyone else. So there!
    You do favours for sailors? >>;;

While student discount would be awesome, it's already cheap enough I guess.

Send more EMA bonuses this way!
    E5200@3.57GHz - 4GB Corasair XMS2 (PC2-6400) - XFX Radeon HD 4870 1GB - MSI P35 Neo-F - 500GB Samsung HDD - 500W StealthXStream - Akasa AK-965 - "Valuable core 2 Quad reeady Intel G31 uATX solution with FSB overclocking 1600MHz!"

Quote Originally Posted by Belphagor View Post
    hahah sounds almost fair

Students have more money than me, why should they get a discount ?

There always in the pubs here drinking till stupid o clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Borg View Post

Too right!

Quote Originally Posted by tombutcher1990 View Post

student prices sound good tho even tho i ent bought 1 of them NUS cards yet. but i will get 1 sumtime.
    You can't buy NUS cards AFAIK. You have to belong to a university and then you should get it for free anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Borg View Post

Students probably have your money After all, where are these Student Loans coming from? ...Taxes

Ebuyer Enthusiast

Oh god here we go, I wondered how long it would be before this turned into a **** off the student thread. All I can say is you try doing a degree! Every student doesnt go out every night and if they have more money then you budget better! I'm living on 40 and its enough to eat and go out.

You can get NUS when you are at uni, NUS plus cards cost and also to join NUS when your uni doesnt for you (or if you are in 6th form) costs 6.99 I think.

Jazzyb88, its called a loan because it you pay it back... If it comes out of the tax money it will go back into the tax money. Fact of the matter is by going to uni students will most likely end up making more money hence pay more tax on the long run.
    Last edited by Loldawson; 10th April 2008 at 05:31 PM.
    First Year Computer Scientist @ Durham Uni : If my posts have helped you don't forget to +rep

Loldawson, please don't take any offence by what i've said. I am, after all, also a uni student in my second year. I was meerly picking up on the previous comment and trying to make it a little more light-hearted

As for the loans...they're all securitized anyway, so if people fail to pay then it will be the individual holding these securities that'll face the loss so in that respect, the country/economy doesn't have anything to lose. Only the initial funding comes from taxes.
    Last edited by jazzyb88; 10th April 2008 at 08:41 PM.

Ebuyer Enthusiast

Ah righto, I'm quick to snap on people calling students layabouts etc
    First Year Computer Scientist @ Durham Uni : If my posts have helped you don't forget to +rep

Ebuyer Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyb88 View Post
    You can't buy NUS cards AFAIK. You have to belong to a university and then you should get it for free anyway.
    You get a NUS Democracy card for free, which does nothing except proove you're a member - although some places seem to accept these for discounts anyway.

An NUS Extra card is officially what you need to get discount at loads of places, these cards cost 10.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcage9 View Post
    You get a NUS Democracy card for free, which does nothing except proove you're a member - although some places seem to accept these for discounts anyway.

An NUS Extra card is officially what you need to get discount at loads of places, these cards cost 10.
    While that is true, i think a lot of places are just happy for you to prove you are a student and then leave it at that. It's probably bad for business if a lot of smaller places e.g. cheap & cheerful fast food started quibbling over which card you need. I think this is getting a little off-topic at the same time. :o